(Originally published on Medium: https://alienworlds.medium.com/teleport-3fd7857f3557)
What would you teleport? We’ve heard tokens!
The Federation has surveyed Explorers as to their desired use of the new Teleport technology discovered in the Metaverse. Overwhelmingly, the response was to easily teleport WAX tokens to Ethereum and BNB Chain, and the Federation responded. Accordingly, the Federation is pleased to present to Explorers: Teleport.
Along with a suite of smart contracts, Alien Worlds, the blockbuster NFT game, is delighted to announce Trilium and Alien Worlds NFTs are being deployed onto the BNB Chain (BSC). Using Teleport, Explorers will be able to deploy Trilium onto BSC and then to WAX and to Ethereum.
Ethereum <-> WAX <-> BNB Chain (BSC)
These will be available from the 13th April 2021. The teleport will stay down until just before that time.
You will be able to Teleport from a browser, including mobile. First, login using BOTH your WAX Cloud wallet login and your Binance or Ethereum wallet using MetaMask. Here’s how:
- Download MetaMask, to work on Chrome, iPhone’s iOS or Android.
- Login with WAX on the left-most login at https://teleport.alienworlds.io/
- If you have not done this already: Get a WAX Cloud Wallet and login to Teleport afterwards.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your WAX login transaction.
- Login with MetaMask at the right-most login at https://teleport.alienworlds.io/
- If you haven’t setup a MetaMask wallet, you will be taken through the process to setup your wallet and save your seed phrase securely. Along the way, you will be asked to connect your wallet.
- Have some TLM in your WAX cloud-based wallet or your MetaMask BSC or ETH wallet, depending on from where and to where you want to teleport your tokens.
- Need some? Play at Alien Worlds.
- Have some BNB or ETH in your wallet to fund gas fees, depending on if you are using the BSC or ETH network. You can get BNB on Binance.com. You can get Etherium (ETH) on any exchange.
Once logged in, you can begin teleporting transactions and look at your teleport transaction history. Explorers will need to pay gas to claim TLM on either BSC or Ethereum and will also need to use gas to send from either of those chains to WAX.
- The minimum amount to teleport is 100 TLM coming from WAX.
- If you are sending from BSC or ETH to WAX, there is no minimum.
- Click on transfer for the balance you wish to teleport.
- Note: The button below WAX starts from WAX to BSC/ETH and the button below BSC/ETH starts from BSC/ETH to WAX.
- Enter the amount of tokens you wish to teleport.
- Click Approve
- A pop-up will ask you to confirm your transaction - unless you have previously agreed to approve all transactions automatically - by clicking the checkbox that accompanies the pop-up.
- You will receive a notice that your teleport is processing.
- Once your teleport has finished processing, it will appear in your transactions history. You can view it by clicking the button "Transactions".
- Note: If you Teleport and not claim it for whatever reason, you will have to wait 32 days for it to expire and able to be cancelled.
- When the "Claim" button turns green, click it and it will bring up your MetaMask.
- Click on “Confirm” to confirm transaction
- To view your TLM in your MetaMask wallet you will need to add the token details.
- Click on Add Tokens
- In the next screen, select custom token
- In the “Token Contract Address” field enter 0x2222227E22102Fe3322098e4CBfE18cFebD57c95 if you are adding the TLM token on BNB Chain (BSC)
- or 0x888888848b652b3e3a0f34c96e00eec0f3a23f72 if you are adding the TLM token on Etherium (ETH)
- Enter TLM in the “Token Symbol” field
- Enter 4 in the “Decimal” field and click “Next”
Metamask's Spending Cap update:
Recently Metamask has introduced spending caps feature. This is to prevent contracts from draining users funds completely. With the update now you can set a maximum limit of TLM for the contract to spend. More information here:
Although the purpose of the functionality is apparent… to teleport tokens… there is actually a deeper element to the Teleport technology. The Federation has not disclosed the bigger picture, but assures Explorers that it is part of a bigger mission.
What will the future hold… ?!?